We already have the strongest weapon against COVID-19, and it’s not drugs or a vaccine. With cardiologist Aseem Malhotra, MD
Dr Aseem Malhotra is an NHS Consultant Cardiologist, and visiting Professor of Evidence Based Medicine, Bahiana School of Medicine and Public Health, Salvador, Brazil. He is a world renowned expert in the prevention, diagnosis and management of heart disease. He is honorary council member to the Metabolic Psychiatry Clinic at Stanford University school of medicine California, and is Cardiology MSc examiner at the University of Hertfordshire, UK. He is a founding member of Action on Sugar and was the lead campaigner highlighting the harm caused by excess sugar consumption in the United Kingdom, particularly its role in type 2 diabetes and obesity.
- 10:12 Start of Podcast
- 10:53 Aseems’s background.
- 19:27 Demonization of saturated fat.
- 21:12 Trouble with ‘’burger and fries’’
- 23:02 Aseem’s perspective on Coronavirus.
- 26:52 Metabolic syndrome in minority groups.
- 28:12 Is diet the most important factor in good metabolic health?
- 31:19 Big tobacco lied and killed millions of people, how different is big food?
- 32:42 Is it okay to eat junk food?
- 34:50 You cannot out exercise a bad diet.
- 35:32 Covid 19 and the elephant in the room. (25:34-
- 37:19 Only 1 in 8 americans are metabolically healthy.
- 41:22 Different ethnicities and metabolic flexibility.
- 43:32 Junk Food sales.
- 46:02 How fast can we reverse metabolic syndrome?
- 50:27 Is agra business driving misleading health information?
- 52:50 Can we get immunity to Coronavirus?
- 56:12 False positive test results and not reinfection in Korean Coronavirus patients.
- 57:17 Poor glucose control and diabetes.
- 1:00:21 How do we get insulin resistant and how do we correct it?
- 1:04:12 Vitamin D deficiency and Coronavirus.
- 1:08:17 How to improve insulin resistance.
- 1:11:39 Benefits of mediterranean diet.
- 1:16:47 What Aseem eats for dinner.
- 1:18:02 Where to find Aseem online.
- 1:19:52 What is the most radical thing Aseem has done recently.